Total fat …2 grams Sodium…34 milligrams
Barley flour …2 ½ cups
Baking Soda… ½ teaspoon
Vegetable shortening… ½ cup
Sugar… ¾ cup
Carrots, finely shredded … 1 cup
Raisins, chopped… ½ cup
Water… ¼ cup
1. preheat oven to 350 F (moderate).
2. Grease baking sheet.
3. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Mix shortening, sugar, and vanilla until creamy,
5. Stir in carrots and raisins.
6. Alternate adding dry ingredients and water to carrot mixture. Mix well after each addition.
7. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
9. Remove from baking sheet while still warm.
10. Cool on rack.
Sugarless Oatmeal Cookies
Source: What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
3 banana (ripe)
1/3 cup margarine
2 cups quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
1/4 cup skim milk?
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the margarine in a small saucepan. Melt it on low heat.
3. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix really well.
4. Let the mix stand for about 5 minutes, until the oats are wet.
5. Lightly grease the cookie sheet.
6. For each cookie, spoon out about 1 tablespoon of dough and drop it onto the greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for about 1 minute.
9. Move the cookies to wire racks or a towel. Let them cool completely.
Source: Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network